Monday, October 4, 2010

Parent's "Puppy" - Family Addition

My parents lost their beloved dog Gump (Forrest Gump) earlier this year.  He was a fantastic dog, a black lab.  He was my son's "best friend" and truly loyal to my parents.  With his passing, came much heartache.  Gump will never be replaced, forever in our hearts, minds and memories.

My parents decided that they were missing the companionship of a pet and purchased a black lab puppy in early May, right from a lab breeder.  Gump was about a year old when he "jumped" into my step-dad's car and forever became their dog.  My step dad has never had a "puppy" and he has been enjoying the experiences of puppyhood and chewing and potty training.  Despite my objections, the new puppy was named Bubba (Bubba Gump) to carry on the legacy.



Bubba - May 9, 2010 (6 weeks old)




Bubba - August 5, 2010 (4 months old)


Bubba - September 25, 2010 (5 months old)

Truly amazing how quickly puppies grow!  A mere handful at six weeks and less than 6 months old he weighs 65 pounds!  Not really a lap dog by any means, but still 100% puppy!

No comments: