Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ghettoesque...

Monday morning I will meet with the City Assessor who is "following up on my basement building permits: 3/4 bath and egress." 

So in true fashion, I had joked with a friend about trying to "ghetto" my house before the visit so that my taxes didn't go up too much! 

Maybe I shouldn't say things out loud, as sometimes, wishes do come true!  In the past 24 hours, the city grass between the street and the sidewalk has been tore up for work.  I thought it was for water line repair.  Today I received a letter in the mail from the gas company about upcoming work (date tbd) to work on the gas lines from the main to the house which will cause trench and yard work (fortunately they will repair concrete and yards at city expense!).  And then this afternoon a friend of mine called me as he was going by my house and inquired about a car out front and asked, "Are you dating anyone?  There is a white car out front of your house."

So how is this for ghetto?  Now if I can only figure out what to do with the inside?  I should really not say anything else, who knows what will happen!

No comments: