Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Perspective

I'm finding that today, I am spending a lot of time putting things into perspective. 

I was contemplating blogging about a recent dating debacle so to speak, but I'm not sure of the need.  For one, I'm not sure that we were really "dating" and I didn't see any future with him, but maybe just someone fun to hang out with time and time again.  We hadn't been intimate and my crystal ball was predicting a "friends with benefits" situation, which I just have no interest.  Long story short, one of my longest and bestfriends TS had compared phone numbers of the guy with me to verify her inkling that he was one in the same.  Sure enough, he was!  He lives almost three hours away and managed to meet up and hook up with one of my bestfriends, one time.  When I learned of this, I instant messaged and inquired and he wanted to know who she was, what she had told me and that it was before we had started seeing her.  Funny thing, it was a week after we had met the second time that he met her! 

Neither here nor there, but the image of what may have happened if one of the times I was hanging out with him and invited her to join us...is just, well I'm, well, speechless.  Imagine how awkward that would have been, TS meet XX.  They never talked again after that one time.  Well, until the night I learned of their meeting where he texted her to see what she had told me.  Funny thing, TS is on a different dating site than I was on when I met this guy.  In all but one of her pictures, I am in them with her.  They first started chatting online last winter.  Do you think he was dumb enough to not put two and two together?  Probably. 

I'm glad that my dating debacle was just DUMB.  I told him that "friendship runs far deeper than any man".  His response, "whatever". 

Today I received a call from the Ex-Bf (he seriously needs a new name since it's been 2.75 years, but who is counting?) that he almost got in a car accident, roommate lost his job, mutual friend of his and roommate committed suicide and he has court Monday for civil matters against his family.  Then I receive a text a friend's shop was broken into and his work tools were stolen.  The following text, a friend who thought he had potential to get a job was told, "really qualified but not at this time do we have a fit".  My mom's old friend's wife committed suicide recently.  One of my mom's dear friend's neighbor's 35 year old son passed away last night. 

My thoughts and prayers are scattered today, praying for so many.  It's about real life smacking you upside the head that really puts things into perspective.

No comments: