Thursday, October 14, 2010

Raise?

I know that I shouldn't complain, and I'm not.  Everyday I'm thankful that I have a job.  A very good job with excellent benefits.  A job that I love, truly love, when I'm busy.  Unfortunately I'm not nearly busy as I could hope or dream.  Raises have been minimal, often times not getting a cost of living raise or anything at all over the years.  I have had Banked Leave Time (getting paid for up to four hours less per week than worked which is then "banked" and used as vacation later) in the past and currently am experiencing two hours per pay period less. 

I was happy to see that my raise was effective on my current pay check.  I received a .75 cent pay raise.  I have to admit after looking at my paycheck, I wonder if the raises would have been used better elsewhere. 

Seriously, 80 hours at .75 nets.............$1.86. 

Don't worry mom, I promise I won't spend it all at once! 

No comments: