Monday, March 22, 2010

March 20

A day of firsts...

Thirteen years ago on March 20, 1997, I gave birth to my son. A true gift. A blessing. An amazement. I am thankful for every day, every day that he has been part of my life. He has brought so much joy, happiness, and maturity to my life. I couldn't imagine my life without him. It is truly amazing how sometimes the things that are unplanned, which we are completely unprepared, turn into our greatest treasures and successes.

T was with his dad this weekend. He may be celebrating his birthday with several friends next weekend. I'm pretty much left in the dark on this one - seeing that invitations aren't really for teenagers. So I'm putting it all in my son's hands and winging it that there may or may not be kids that just come over to stay the night! I surely hope I know before anyone arrives!

On March 20, 2010, I taught my first training class. A required training for prospective foster parents. It was my first training and I have to say I didn't feel completely prepared, but as prepared as I was going to be. With some help from the trainer before me and another on the phone, we were able to connect my laptop to the projector and everything was a go.

I thought the training went really well. I actually really enjoyed it and am looking forward to teaching more. I may even volunteer to teach more than I'm required. I would just prefer that the trainings weren't in the evenings or on the weekend! I was able to dismiss the class about ten minutes early. I had a few stay after to ask questions, with the final woman staying to talk to me for an hour. So by the time I locked up the building, it was over 1.5 hours after my training ended!

Another new momentous first on March 20, 2010. I'm almost thinking that maybe I've found my niche. Sharing, speaking, training...as long as I wear a turtleneck so no one can see my neck get blotchy, I might have a future!

No comments: