Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bribery

I may not be beneath bribery. Seeing that I feel I've hit rock bottom, an all time low for me personally with assessing others, motivations and following my own instincts and compromising who I am and my morals and values, I recently succumbed to bribery.

Apparently I can get pretty low. (Just don't ask me to do the limbo - I do have my limits on LOW!)

It's about the time for the annual ping pong tournament. Again, my son, the natural athlete who hasn't played in months, is now ready to practice for his tournament. He was able to play with DK quite a bit to work on serves and spins and forehands and backhands. I steered clear of the whole practicing. Afterall committing to a day of aggressive ping pong play is not really where I want to spend an entire day of a tournament. Fortunately bringing a water bottle beverage was recommended! Ok, I'm kidding - well it was recommended, but other than crystal light flavored water, that's all I'll be consuming.

T and I hit the ball around for a while Sunday night. I totally ripped on myself last night about how generous he was to not make me cry! We didn't even keep score, since there was no reason to acknowledge how much he could crush me if he wanted. Good thing I've taught him manners and being a good sport!

So I've been trying to convince friends to fall victim of his ping pong attack. I called JC since we've been chatting on occasion since seeing each other a month or so ago. I offered him a six pack. He said I needed to throw in a six pack and dinner. Sigh. Seriously, over ping pong? What a hard bargain. Another friend of mine will be in town and he's willing to succumb to the killing although he also asked for dinner. I think he understands that isn't part of the deal - but I think I better come up with something, just in case. Then again, he and I had a really good conversation about the BS that I've been struggling with and he offered to listen and be a good friend. So we'll grab lunch - so that should take care of me having to cook, right?

What are you willing to do for your child?

No comments: