Monday, January 12, 2009

Weight update & Irate

Monday morning...Biggest Loser weigh in. Knowing as I know myself oh so well, can only mean that I've gained weight. Regardless of the handful of workouts that I may do, the food choices I make, etc. I gain weight. I guess it's what I'm good at.

Knowing last week that I wore a little heavier pants and kept my boots on for the weigh in, I knew that unless I really screwed up I could convince the scale that in fact I had lost weight. So I threw on a pair of dress pants, a sleeveless top (that the ex-BF's mom bought me for Christmas two years ago) and a long sleeved light throw over jacket. I took my boots off for the weigh in and found myself weighing 2.6 pounds less than last Monday.

Clearly, no weight loss for cheering about. In reality though, last Monday in my pj's I stepped on the scale. This morning sans jeans and shirt fresh from clearing the driveway I weighed the exact same, so I knew that I actually may have lost a pound or so. So kudos to me.

After weighing in, my cubicle seemed warm and I took off my over jacket. I joined my co-worker for a stroll across the office to grab some hot water for apple cider. (There is a purpose for this, I promise...)

About a half hour later, I was called into my boss' office. I put back on my jacket and followed her to her office. She closed the door behind her. Apparently I had offended someone(s) with my dress attire. The dress code policy was pushed across the desk at me and my boss told me that she read the policy and nowhere in it did I VIOLATE THE DRESS CODE POLICY; however, my attire was deemed "offensive" and "inappropriate" to others and that I needed to "cover" up to be more respectful.

Mind you, I WAS PISSED. It took me several hours to get over it! The audacity that some people have. If I had cleavage, it may have shown...

Anyhow...I happened to read my horoscope for today and it deemed most fitting:

"Here is your horoscope for Monday, January 12: Your ego isn't exactly on the line today, but you might feel a bit smooshed by annoying or rude people. Try to just grin and bear it -- escalating into a conflict isn't a good idea at all."

No comments: