Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Attention Span

I seem to have more and more difficulty focusing and concentrating. I seem to have a short(er) attention span, as of late.

Things that once kept my attention, don't. I'm bored. I'm irritated at my boredom.

Nothing seems to maintain my grasped attention. Things I once enjoyed, I don't.

Clearly, as I type this...depression screenings, self-help books, warnings, anti-depressants are running rampant through my mind.

This is isn't the first time I've ever felt this way. And, I'm not depressed.

I'm just directionless. Motivationless (work with me - I can use whatever verbage I choose to delegate - real or fictitious!).

I am lacking the drive. Lacking determination. Lacking direction.

I'M BORED.

I clearly have entirely WAY too much time on my hands. I can't seem to find anything to entertain myself to get through the monotony of the business day, as work is nowhere to be found for me. So I wait. I hope. I wait some more.

Yesterday I managed to completely organize 500 pictures into a photo album (sans journaling - so it wasn't that difficult!) from my Europe trip last April. It took me less than 1.5 hours and that was doing other things as well in the interim.

I've scanned multitude of blogs, blogs of notes, blogs of blog rolls, blogs of blogs...really, it was that bad. I can't find anything that is keeping my attention.

Worse yet, I'm totally losing interest in the Biggest Loser. I think the new season is too close to the last season and I am entirely SICK of all of the commercials and repeats after EVERY commercial. Seriously, show me the entire show, all 32 minutes of the 2 hours and I'll be content. Maybe.

I have considered making all day about some random workout method. From doing squats to sitting without a chair to build thigh muscles. I have considered doing stairs every hour if not more often and have been doing a couple hundred a day.

I'm getting tired and restless thinking of all the ways to pass the time. I still have no interest in going back to school. I can't seem to find a hobby that I can do while I'm at work either. Any suggestions?

No comments: