Thursday, January 29, 2009

One of Those...

I'm not really sure what to call it. It's not really one of those days or afternoons or evenings. It's an all encompassing, one of my many issues days. It actually didn't start until this afternoon.

I renewed a travel program that I am a member, Bluegreen Traveler Plus. I actually have to say that I like the program and for the $39 fee, I get more than my share of return. Renewing today, I began looking through my 50 annual discounts, many which can be found elsewhere, but not always. Like the two week free membership to my gym - you walk in, you get it too. Anyway, I found a two for one discount to a ski and tubing park about an hour away. Seemed like a great deal. I called JA to see if she and her son wanted to go on Saturday, and she said yes. Then, I realized that I could only use the coupon, once, for two people. Sigh.

Since it's been in the high 20's without snow, I haven't had to clear the driveway as of late. It started snowing yesterday and we are anticipating snow throughout the weekend. I knew I was low on gas for the snow blower so I thought I would drive by the house to pick up the can to get more. Fortunately, my son told me there was still gas in the can as well as gas in another gas can. Bonus!

I went to the grocery store after filling my car with gas. I ran around and picked up a basket full of groceries and even had a competent and quick cashier that her line was empty. Bonus! I'll even forgive that she over packed half the bags and they split.

After packing the car with groceries and dinner (and in an obvious rush to get home and eat and then get to my son's basketball practice) I closed the trunk. Or should I say, I attempted to close the trunk. The latch remained in the locked position, again. Rummaging through the overnight bag, two sets of snow shoes and poles, six bags of groceries, bowling ball bag, I couldn't find the screw driver (aka lock dislodger). Figures.

So I used the next best thing, my key. That of course didn't work, my fingers were going numb, I had wasted 15 minutes and I now was rummaging through my roadside assistance kit for anything to dislodge the lock. I finally dislodged it, closed the trunk with the trunk light off and then got in to start the car. Damn.

I managed to bend the key so that it wouldn't turn on the ignition. Sigh. Nothing like being in a hurry. I bent the key and tried again. Nothing. I bent the key yet a third time and finally the car started.

In two tries, I managed to make it up the driveway. While attempting the driveway I received a call from the basketball coach that he unfortunately had to cancel practice. Darn. Life is good again. Or not.

After dinner, I dress warmly and head out to blow out the driveway. I fill the snow blower and empty out the oil/gas mixture. I plan to mix the other gas later, much later. At the end of the driveway trying to get my snow thrower through the heavy wet snow plowed in mess, the blower dies. No problem. I pull on the cord and what happens? The handle remains in my hand and the cord, disappears inside the snow blower! SERIOUSLY.

I'm not about to throw in the towel, yet. I decide instead of reverting to testy snow blower #2, I will get out the extension cord and try the electric start. It fires up and I'm able to clear the rest of the driveway, without ISSUE.

It's only 7:10p.m. What's next?

No comments: