Monday, December 29, 2008

Online Dating

I would say a vast majority of people have tried online dating, at one point in their lives or another. If they haven't actually met someone, they are at least aware and have probably ventured to a site or two. I have to say that there is something about being able to interact with others at the touch of your fingertips, although, I'm not saying that you always come across the cream of the crop.

I have to share a recent first email invitation from a fellow online dater - because if it weren't for my prior engagement, I may have found myself, married or dead had I felt inclined to respond - maybe I need to be more of a risk taker! (Mom, I'm seriously SOOO KIDDING!):

Hi I’m XXXX. I live in Columbus Ohio and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a woman as attractive as yourself. Im a very easy going down to earth guy who likes spending time with friends and having fun. So you know little about mel, im a guy who likes having fun outside of work. I enjoy jogging (running races), and working out at the gym. I do cook on occassion (roasts, broil steaks, making cold salads, etc.). I make a mean chicken salad that has pineapple chunks and crunchy peas in it.I play the guitar and used to be in a local band. I practice on occasion to stay in tune (theres a pun !). I spend time with me 2 year old niece nad nephew every now and then. I love getting carryout (Chipotle, Long Horn Steak house ; there Sierra chicken is the bomb, Chinese, and Greek).

Im not a die-hard sports fan but like Hockey, Ohio State Football (go tailgating when I can) and golf. I play gold but am not very good at it.I have allot to bring to a relationship. Honestly, reliability, humor, compassion are a few qualities.

When asked why I haven't been married I just say my luck thus far, which is true. Course Ive been close, just hasn't happened, lol.I have an invitation for you that would be worth while and safe ! I told you about me because I’m certain one of the reasons you wouldn’t agree to the offer is because we don’t know each other, etc.. I wanted to break the ice so you would more likely consider the offer. I understand the holidays can be a busy time especially with kids etc. I believe arrangements can be made to accommodate this (Hopefully you wont feel I’m shallow suggesting it). There is a club in North Columbus that has gone back to it’s original name and it’s a hot spot with a great atmosphere and music. I would like for you to come join me this Friday evening there. I assure you it would be a trip you’l be glad you made and well hit it off great (im confident, if your wondering how im so sure).

I am a good host as I know the distance getting here could be much. It’s safe here and Id rather you not drive back after the evening is over due to how late it will be.I hope you’ll say you will come. My friends are sure to love you and well rise to a great dinner out somewhere (Bob Evans or something). If you wouldn’t mind at least discussing this with me so you can see from my voice that I’m harmless which would lessen your worries, please forward your number and ILL touch base (it’s a safe way to communicate).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Wow impressive, eh? For your enjoyment, other than the blocking of his name the text is in true format. I can only imagine how many other attractive women have received the exact same spammer email request. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. But if he strikes your fancy, let me know and I'll forward contact information. I'm all about being a matchmaker!

No comments: