Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm in Love

I really didn't think it would happen this fast. I wasn't looking for love. I wasn't hoping to meet anyone, and then...it happened.

I had a court hearing to attend to this morning and felt compelled to sit in on the next hearing that I had been involved. I was sitting in the jury box near the Guardian Ad Litem and then...he walked into the courtroom.

My breath became shallow. My heart raced and then it felt as if it were melting like butter. I watched him from across the court room. I couldn't take my eyes off him, despite listening intently to the Judge and the actual proceedings of the hearing. I was fascinated by his large, dark brown eyes. Everytime I looked away, I was drawn back for another look.

I didn't care that my watching him was obvious. I smiled. He smiled back. I gave a slight raise of the hand wave and he gave an ever so cute wave back. I could see the glint in his eyes, the eyes of innocence. The smile so pure, so completely mesmerizing.

After the hearing I had to meet him. I had to know who he was. And me in my somewhat shy and cowardly way, walked directly across the courtroom and behind the swinging entrance to the back of the courtroom to meet him.

And if I wasn't completely enamoured with him from across the room, I fell harder than even I thought possible when he said his name. More than anything I wanted to embrace him, to hold him tight against me. To show him love and affection, to take him home with me and make him mine. After his name, I asked him a very important and personal question, I asked him how old he was, at which point he shoved four beautiful little fingers directly in front of my face.

He was brilliant. He was adorable. And despite everything I think, everything rational, I wanted to take him home. According to the foster mother, so does everyone else!

No comments: