Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Goodie Part III

Last night I posted about my brownie debacle here.  After cutting out the two hearts, I called it a night and went to bed.

I do have to admit, I am a pretty tough critic, especially on myself.  This morning while my son was making his lunch for school I asked him if he tried the brownies. 

He said, "Why didn't you use the peanut butter chips?  It doesn't taste peanut buttery." 

Well that's because I had to default and make the brownies as I was missing the heavy cream for the fudge.  So I inquired as to what he thought.  He said, "I didn't really get a good piece and using the cookie cutter was hard as it was so thick!  It tasted like a brownie.  It's pretty good."

So I sampled them again.  And true to fact, they were actually pretty good.  The brownie is still a little soft but definitely not as easy to cut into heart shapes with the cutter!  Fortunately I was able to mold them into the cutters and push them out. 

Needless to say, after getting on the scale, I ate quite a few of the brownies that couldn't mold into the cutters!  I even brought one in for my co-worker and gave it to her with a note. 

But don't think that I won't be getting a box of Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines to add to the box of sweets.  Afterall, foolproof and 1/10th the cost!  Speaking of foolproof, did I mention that's what the fudge is called?  Can't wait for the story on that baking adventure, Can You?

No comments: