Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Overwhelm & Karma

I know I have posted about being overwhelmed and karma in the past.  If it weren't almost 1:00a.m., I might consider attaching the links, but really it's not a big deal.

Last week I began to get overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed when I got on the scale and noticed that I have gained at least seven pounds in a very short period of time. I understand that since dating MS, I eat worse when I am around him.  He isn't exactly the epitome of health although he does have some fabulous genes.  Then, I received my regular credit card bill and was shocked by the amount, still including some holiday shopping, the recent car repair and my impulsive timeshare Vegas purchase.  All needed of course!

I was frustrated with myself.  I vowed immediately that I would make some changes.  I would shred the pounds as well as dollars of spending.  Again, this was before I received the results of my cholesterol screen.  I put things into perspective.  I stopped beating myself up and vowed to make the necessary changes.  To follow through. 

I recognized that since last June/July I have been paying off the basement bathroom.  I have absorbed the monthly interest free payment without having to touch my savings.  Of course with the holidays and car repair, life happens and I can't get upset with the fact that my checking out is finally seeing more of the financial burden of an additional payment.  I will still have the basement paid off before the interest free period.  I took deep breaths and I allowed myself to relax and not beat myself up.

As for karma...an amazing thing happened two days later.  The Super Bowl.  Granted while I watched the game and commercials with little interest as I was reading on my new Kobo ereader instead, I was ecstatic to watch the turn of events of the first quarter.  With T on the phone, we watched as my last minute Super Bowl Square purchase won me $240! 

Karma...everything happens for a reason!  Blessed.

No comments: