Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Job Change...?

I haven't been entirely happy with my job.  I am tired of my Flavor of the Day Supervisors.  I am tired of being the worker and position that is treated as the Evil Stepsister. 

But ultimately...I AM BORED.

Today, posted in our office was a job position.  A position that I completed my college internship in 1995.  I am sure that the job has changed as well as what I actually was capable of doing as an intern vs. an employee.  I am considering putting my name on the posting. 

While I love my job, when I am busy, I see very little work on the horizon.  I will be cross trained for 3.5 weeks during April/May for another position.  The new position is a new allocation due to caseload size.  I would LOVE to be busy.  I can even accept the $1000 pay cut as my sanity of having work to do is worth far more than a monetary value.  I'm just not sure.  I feel some obligation to my families.  Afterall though, it's just a job, right?

Isn't what is important is that I am happy?  What ultimately will make me happy?  Workwise, I know that having a job that keeps me busy and challenged will.  Another co-worker recently changed jobs into that position and I plan on talking to her to see what she really thinks. 

I know I have only been in my current position for 1.5 years, but I am not sure how many other opportunities for this current position will present themselves.

Maybe this is a sign...a sign of the times...a sign of change...

No comments: