Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Customer Service FAIL

Yesterday I posted this picture of the dozen chocolate covered strawberries that my boyfriend had sent to my work.  At the time of my posting, I hadn't actually tried one of them.  I was utterly disappointed as the strawberries were over ripe and rather gross in taste.  I didn't dare tell my boyfriend, but I did decide to contact the company.

I spent some time on their website and immediately noticed that the strawberries I received didn't look like the pictures.  They weren't "dipped" they were dunked!  I read a page of reviews - many of similar complaints of appearance and freshness.  Instead of posting a comment on the wall of the website, I emailed customer service the following (I am omitting the name of the company): 

Sent: Feb 15, 2011 7:09:43 AM


Subject: Dozen Chocolate Covered Strawberries


To Whom It May Concern:


I received a dozen chocolate covered strawberries yesterday as a surprise from my boyfriend! I was so impressed with his ability to keep a secret and a wonderful surprise!


The packaging and strawberries looked very good and tasty - however after looking at your website, I was surprised that they were not as the pictures and being "dipped". Regardless, the presentation was pretty - almost too good to eat.


Having said that, the presentation was MUCH better than the taste. The strawberries were over ripe and tasted fermented. I ate three, hoping that I just had a bad first strawberry. Unfortunately, two of the three were over ripe that I have no desire to eat or share the remaining.

I won't tell my boyfriend about the quality of the berries because I truly love that he surprised me with a great gift. I just wish that the taste was better.


Very disappointed,
XXX
Ref: XXX100-A8F-1
Gift order#: XXX588
_________________________________________________________________________

Their response was TWO WORDS:

>>> "XXX Berries Customer Care" wecare@customercare.berries.com> 02/15/11 5:49 PM >>



Best Regards,


CS William B.
Customer Care
XXXX's Berries

_________________________________________________________________________



At 8:07p.m. I emailed CS William the following:

Clearly CS William B., you need to change your email address from "wecare" to we could care less.



Karma my friend. Karma...Way to treat your customers with respect.


Best Regards to you...

________________________________________________________________________



What happened to Customer Service?  I didn't even ask for anything.  I simply went out of my way to email a personal letter rather than post on a company website my disappointment. 

Trust me, I want to disclose the name of the company as I wouldn't summarize that all companies selling chocolate covered strawberries should be used with caution, but I will refrain.  But be sure on this, I WILL NEVER, EVER purchase dipped strawberries and definitely never order anything from this California based company.

No comments: