Friday, November 19, 2010

Curtains to Carpet...Not yet...

Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE shower curtains.  Since adding the additional 3/4 bathroom, I've become slightly less obsessed with having to change the look of my one bathroom. 

I did decide though, that for my birthday, I wanted to buy a new bathroom ensemble.  Not just a discounted or clearanced curtain.  I wanted to find a shower curtain that I LOVE and buy new rugs and everything. 

Of course, I couldn't find a single shower curtain that I wanted to spend my money on.  I did find a cute clearanced Halloween shower curtain for $3.50 that I purchased.  I even, for the first time EVER, started looking for shower curtains online.  On two different sites, I added a curtain into my cart to find that it wasn't in stock! 

I was striking out miserably.  Then, I recalled a large room rug that I found over the summer that I liked and considered buying it instead.  I went to the store to see if they still had it.  They did!  I purchased a large area rug for my living room and a smaller rug to replace the rug under my kitchen table. 

I love them both!  They were a fabulous deal and they both fit into my car too!  I was so excited by my birthday purchases, I was on cloud nine when I went into Jimmy John's to order my favorite sandwich and a pickle.  When I moved toward the end of the counter, sitting at a booth was a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while!  He had texted me, "What are you ordering" when I hung up the phone but I never heard the text and saw him first!

What a great day and I absolutely LOVE the new look of the rugs.  Maybe even more than a change of a shower curtain.  Although, I have no intention of changing the rugs again anytime soon!  I did however change out my shower curtain too as I was craving red.  Win. Win. 

No comments: