Monday, September 7, 2009

Wiggen Out...Incompetence

If I didn't know better, I would swear it was the week before my period. I have the patience of, well absolutely nothing! Although to put things in perspective, my son and I actually had a very good day today. While I again failed at catching a fish (Saturday as well - unless you count the small bluegill) my son did catch two small fish - a baby bass and a bluegill.

We even went to see the movie All About Steve which we laughed through much of the movie. When I wasn't laughing, my sappiness, was crying (I really am that bad in movies!).

Tonight after dinner we went to Meijer to do some very last minute back to school shopping. Afterall, he starts the 7th grade...tomorrow! After going through the checkout, I realized that I had been overcharged for an item by .30, with the Michigan Scan Law that would be $3.32 refund on an item that I was charged $1.79. So it was worth it to walk to customer service, at least that's what I thought.

There actually weren't many in line before us, but we waited patiently. I told the lady I was "overcharged" and she mumbled to herself, asked if I wanted it back on the card which I said was fine and away I went. I was walking away looking at the receipt and it said $1.61, which I just couldn't comprehend, whatever. The real kicker, I didn't have my item! So I went back in to get my item, which was behind the counter in a return pile. Here's where the fun began. When the woman finished up with her current customer, I asked for my item, which she said I had returned. I tried to explain to her and she said, "with all the commotion you really need to speak up!" Mind you, there was NO commotion at the time and then she began to yell at me that she said refund and I said yes. Ummm...NO. So I proceeded to tell her if she couldn't hear, she should ask. Anyway, I did my best to be quiet and just stand there while she had no idea what to do because she had "refunded" the item and therefore couldn't do the MSL. Sigh...After an eternity, she realized she needed to ring the item back up, charge me for it and then I would do the MSL all over again.

That put me in an irritated mood - or maybe it started with the dimwit driver in front of me on the way to dinner that thought it was appropriate to drive behind a parked car, realize it and then swerve back over, when I assumed he was parking. Sigh...

Anyway...my son and I purchased batteries today for his singing bass fish, a gift from grandma! But after we got home, he couldn't get the screw out of the back. I asked him to bring me his screwdriver set that grandpa gave him for Christmas. He came back and couldn't find it. Of course, I should know better since he's at THE AGE where he can't find his nose! I told him that it was in the junk drawer, he came back empty handed. I told him if I found it, he owed me $5.00. I walked to the drawer and there it was, right on top! The real kicker, he had even attempted to use the set on his own! Sigh...

Have I mentioned how much incompetence irks me????

No comments: