Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dog House

I have a dog house in the back of my yard. I no longer have a dog.

When I did have a dog, she seldom used the dog house, but it was great in theory and my husband (at the time) labored long and hard to build the dumb dog house, I'm sure if I would have let him, he would have added air conditioning and sky lights! The dog house was painted to match the fence. Despite the demise of the marriage and no longer having a dog, over five years now, I still have the dog house. This summer I offered it to JC and thought if nothing else, he could use it as firewood, and the demise of that relationship, so sits my dog house.

I suppose all is not lost with the dog house. Periodically when I look out my kitchen window and scan my small back yard with it's horrific crab grass and weeds, I see something in the dog house.

Where would all the neighborhood cats rest if it weren't for the dog house?

No comments: