Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lava Heaven

Since I just posted about SOBE lifewater, I thought I would tell you about another latest fondness of mine. Actually, I've only had them on one occasion (so far), last night. Domino's Lava Cakes...YUMMY!

Last night since I was still more than half dead, the idea of making chicken and pasta and either hacking up a lung or dribbling snot in the sauce didn't sound too appetizing, T and I agreed on pizza. I had just received the latest coupons to Domino's and we decided on "The Family Feast", two-two topping pizzas, bread sticks and two lava cakes. Seeing that all of the bread sticks - regular, cheese and cinna sticks were the same price, I asked if they could be cheese bread sticks. I told the man on the phone I had a coupon. He told me it would be $23.02, although the coupon said $16.99 (+ tax). I said, WHAT? I informed him of the coupon and he then corrected the amount to $18.01 and said it would be ready in 15 minutes. We stopped by Speedway to grab some SOBE lifewater and then headed to pick up the pizza. We went to pay and were told it was $14.83. Ummm...OK. So who knows what our order was going to be!

The order came up and it was two pizzas and cheese bread sticks. A different man said it was $18.01, so I paid the difference and then asked for the lava cakes. Now it was his turn to say, WHAT?

Apparently, pizza employees have absolutely no idea what coupons are sent out to patrons. They have no idea what they include or entail and rather than inquire when a caller calls, they expect the caller to inform the pizza phone operator of exactly what they are ordering. So, in my half dead state I was more than a little annoyed that I was suppose to identify the lava cakes when I wasn't special ordering them - not adding toppings, not adding cheese, etc. So we had to wait another 7 minutes for them to be cooked. 28 minutes from the time we placed the order, we walked out the door. No special discount, apparently it was MY FAULT.

BUT...the lava cakes...let me tell you, they were SO WORTH WAITING FOR! The small chocolate molten cakes were warm and filled with hot thick fudge of just the perfect amount. The cakes were covered with powdered sugar. They were the perfect bit of crispy and crunchy combined with melty and oozing to taste nothing but warm, thick, fudgy chocolate. Yes, they were that fabulous. T and I split one, which was the perfect amount without self-indulgence and gorging after eating pizza and cheese bread! We saved the other for later which we split and didn't warm up and it was still super yummy.

I think I found a new little bit of heaven and I never would have thought it would have been at Domino's!

No comments: