Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sick of Bed...

I am seldom, if ever, sick. Sometimes, when the scales are tipping in the wrong way or I hear of someone who was sick and lost drastic amounts of weight, I wish I were sick. Fortunately, I my wishes don't come true!

Friday night JN and I went out. I was suppose to meet up with a new guy, but we hadn't confirmed anything and then I checked my emails and he was thinking Saturday. So seeing that things were going fairly well with 601, I decided to invite him out to meet JN and get her opinion before hanging out with him the rest of the weekend. JN's opinion of him, as understatement, was less than favorable. Pretty much, me wearing the empathetic shoes, I felt the need to defend both 601 and JN's positions. Anyway, overall the night went well, until I opted to sleep in JN's "cat room"/guest bedroom rather than her trusty couch where I usually crash. Bad idea #1.

Saturday after several back and forth "discussions" with 601, we resolved the issue to get together and still plan on going canoeing. I was feeling congested already, but nothing I couldn't handle. We had a great time canoeing and wading in the water. I probably didn't have the best idea to initiate a splashing of water from the paddle which ensued a full force response, directly in my right ear. I think I managed to get "Swimmers Ear". Never having it, there is no guarantee, but less than hours later the whole sinus cavity on my right side - ear, nose, throat were inflamed. We continued the date and went rollerblading, where things only went south.

You see, I have this thing called a memory. I think I have a good one. I also have good listening skills. Hence, I listen and remember things. On several different dates with 601 somethings either haven't added up or he gets defensive when I ask him something that I didn't know the answer. He claims he's told me. Then there was a question about "my sister". Mind you, I don't have a sister. So, I tried to explain to him that with online dating, it is easy to confuse what has been told and not told when communicating with numerous people. We all do it. It happens. Even to me. Needless to say, this only aggravated him more. When push came to shove, he asked if I was interested in a long term relationship with him and when my response was that I wasn't sure yet, he pushed harder and I said NO. Yep, we all know where that went.

Needless to say, as the silence and the wedge grew larger, I was becoming more ill. We finished rollerblading and returned to his vehicle. On the drive back to my car, he tried to rectify the situation and even asked me out to dinner. I was feeling increasingly worse, cold chills, plugged ear, sore throat and I declined and headed home.

I spent a great 99.8% of the next 60 hours at home either in bed, on the couch or in a chair. Yes, good times. I'm finally back to work, but still not feeling fabulous but I couldn't handle another minute of laying around the house. I can't even begin to fathom what I would do if I were either unemployed or retired...

No comments: