Thursday, September 10, 2009

Eavesdropping

Eavesdropping...I'm not a fan of it at all. As my son has marveled though, I am SUPER MOM and I tend to have very keen hearing as well as some other natural talents. I seldom will join into a conversation without being invited; however, today, I did it twice.

I'm not sure why. I don't know if it is because I felt a need to be social. I really don't think that it was because I was feeling needy. I guess I did it because I was a) curious and b) had something to share. Having said that, is it ever right to join into a conversation where I should have c) (seen) my way out?

Is it really my fault that I work in a small cubicle not even half the size of my bathroom and can hear other's conversations? My co-worker is moving and so after she was done with her conversation I went and asked her about it. Then in another conversation she mentioned she had joined a free dating site and was embarrassed about it. I happen to know that dating site personally and thought (thought that I could offer insight - I suppose I thought wrong!) I might ease her mind by saying that I also use that site and was curious as to whom she may have been interested in. I have to say, while she was cordial, I don't think she was that interested in what I had to say.

Again, is there ever a good reason to add your two cents worth after over hearing a conversation?

No comments: