Friday, April 23, 2010

Male Compliments

I'm so tired of receiving emails and texts from people commenting on my looks. I really think that I have more to offer.

BUT...I do not find it even remotely flattering to receive random messages or texts from people that I don't know very well saying, "your hot (great English at best!)" or "hi sexy!" or anything of the same. Maybe it's just a personal issue I have. I also don't care for the cat calls by passerby's when I'm walking or biking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about getting a compliment that is sincere and not something I would expect one to shout at the girl fondling the pole or setting down your wings at Hooters. I am neither of those girls!

Sometimes unsolicited and unwarranted comments from people I don't know well, well they just creep me out. Then again, so do pictures of half naked men with moobs, man boobs do too!

So maybe it's just me. But I do know that when someone texts me or emails me such messages, I'm don't feel so inclined to clear my schedule to see them, anytime soon. I could be completely wrong.

No comments: