Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bed & Breakfast

Last year, I bid on one night at a Bed & Breakfast through the local auction. I wasn't the highest bidder. I was OK with that. At the time, I was involved in a relationship and thought a cheap night, even 30 miles away, at a Bed & Breakfast could be a fun and needed getaway. Despite not being the highest bidder, the auction had six certificates and gave them to the six highest bidders and I was one of them.

Of course, that relationship ended shortly thereafter. So now a year has almost gone by and the night expires at the end of the month. I figured so as not to lose out on something I've already purchased, I would book the room. I figure nothing wrong with taking advantage of something that is already mine and hitting the town and not having to worry about driving home.

Here's what some of my friends, mainly male, find so funny...I'm planning on staying at the B&B solo. While several of my male friends have offered to provide me company and companionship...since my not so distant naivete about my "friend/ex" I'm not even going to fathom that men and women can be friends that can sleep in the same bed and put myself in that situation (although I've honestly done this many times in the past without physical intimacy - but one rotten egg in the bunch has spoiled that - for now at least).

I would love to invite one of my girlfriends to stay with me. Sure I've shared many a hotel room and even beds with girlfriends and it's never been a problem; however, for some reason it doesn't seem quite the same as sharing a Bed & Breakfast with a female friend and the implications along with doing so.

I figure I'll plan on checking in early to see what type of B&B it is and how appropriate it would even be to roll in at 2:00a.m. or later after hitting the town. I might get in a good workout around town and go back to the room and get ready for the evening adventures and take my things out of the room when I go out. That way, I won't be forced to return to the B&B if plans change and I end up at my girlfriend's house or home instead.

Would you consider staying at a B&B solo if it wasn't for a business trip?

2 comments:

Respectfully Yours said...

Sure why not. Time alone can be lovely and clear the mind. Go and enjoy my friend.

Anonymous said...

I love B&B's... You may just want to go by yourself, and enjoy the quiet, and serenity of the place.... Bring a good book, hit some NEW places... You sometimes meet some really great ppl

LL