Monday, March 16, 2009

Weather

In Michigan, weather can be so bizarre. With the official first day of Spring, March 20, quickly approaching, it feels as if Spring is already here! This past weekend, with the sun out in all it's glory, everyone was out and about to enjoy. Only in Michigan will you see people relishing in the warm weather in shorts and t-shirts in a mere 40 degrees. Yes, 40 degrees. In Florida you will see people in snowsuits in 40 degrees, but not in Michigan!

Sunday was a beautiful day with the weather in the low 50's. It was a great day for raking the yard and making way for the new growth of flowers and grass. Lets hope that snow and frost are gone for the season!

With the weather and my recent car issues, I decided to assemble my "in seconds" bike rack, which only took about 15 minutes! I was rather impressed and managed to not only put my bike on it, but park in the garage as well!

This morning after dropping my car off at the shop, I rode my bike the 1.4 miles to work. I have to admit that 13mph into the headwind at 41 degrees is more than refreshingly cold! On the flip side though, but the time I'm done at work, it should be 60 degrees and a comfortable ride!

No comments: