Monday, March 9, 2009

Ping Pong Tournament

Saturday morning was the ping pong tournament. JC and I showed up right on time, for the behind schedule individual match of my son. He crushed his pool, only to be defeated in the semi-finals. He was more than disappointed, but his lack of practicing and the Ex-Bf's going easy on him when they play didn't help matters.

I introduced JC and the Ex-Bf and all seemed to go fine. JC gave me space and on one occasion he and the Ex-Bf were even carrying on a conversation. I knew this was a huge feat for the Ex-Bf, one because he isn't that outgoing and two this was the guy that I chose to date, over him. (JC on the other hand is very social. Friday night he joined me to a work going away party and socialized well and even seemed interested in my co-workers and REMEMBERED their names too!)

In the "Dad and Son" doubles, they won their pool without any problems, but quickly lost the next match of the pool winners. The "son" of that team was 40! The next pool winner was a father-daughter team and the daughter was in her early 20's and they were great. So needless to say, no trophies for T this year, finishing third in both venues.

After the tournament, JC and I went and picked up his car from the night before. We then went our own ways for a bit, at which point I called the Ex-Bf to see how he was doing. Regardless that it's been 14 months since we broke up, I really am not one to rub things in the face of other's. We talked for a while and he was glad to have met JC and felt that he would be more comfortable in the future coming to T's other sporting events now having met him. He admitted that it was a little difficult. I wasn't sure how much he was sugar coating his minor enthusiasm about the day, but I had to take it at face value for what it was, what it is.

This morning I was greeted by a message on my work phone from the Ex-Bf from Saturday night. He finally admitted that it was difficult to see me near JC watching them play. He also said that more than anything he's been staying away as he doesn't want to contribute to my relationships failing by his attempts to destruct them. For that, I appreciate it and hope that he truly means it.

No comments: