Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Technicalities - Mortgage & Hotel

Last night I received a message on my home phone from the Service Link associated with my mortgage company stating that there was a problem with my paperwork and that they had to "reject vesting for the mortgage." What?

The message went on to explain (and hack the pronunciation of my last name) that I failed to sign the documents correctly. When the closer came to my house, he read a disclosure statement saying that I had to sign as A B C formerly known as A B D. Mind you each of my names, first middle and last have seven letters. Since I refinanced when I was married six and a half years ago, I now have to sign as formerly known as or FKA, A B D - which that last name was only six letters. So in summary, my full birth name is 21 letters and my married name was 20 letters and then add three letters for the FKA that's a signature of 44 letters! Do you think the signature line was that long? NO. To make matters worse, the name UNDER the signature line was typed A C. Not, A B C FKA A B D.

So yeah. Apparently now the documents were sent UPS overnight last night and I have to sign them correctly and fax them back and overnight them back. LL has assured that while this will add frustration and additional work to the lender, it will only affect me personally by adding a day or few of interest into the closing costs. Let's hope that's the reality.

I'm still not trusting the online hotel reservation system either. When I booked the room, it included 14 days of parking at the hotel as part of the park and go package. When I received the confirmation number, I verified the reservation at HolidayInn.com and saw that the rate was $30 less and showed only free overnight parking. I just called the travel company and they assured me that they have a contract with the hotel that includes the 14 days of parking and the rate difference includes taxes and parking. I'm fine with the price difference, I just want to be sure that our hotel truly includes the parking - the main reason for staying overnight in the hotel in the first place!

No comments: