Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Magnificent Monday

Have you ever had one of those days that when you thought that the worst was inevitable only to find out that you couldn't be more wrong?

My Monday was magnificent. It turns out that my car issues were not transmission related, torque converter related or anything of the like. An "old fashioned tune up" of spark plugs and wires did the trick! My car runs fabulous and my pocket book (in my mind) is far heavier than I imagined dreading the cost of the car repair upwards in the thousands, in reality was less than $140. Cha ching!

In scheduling my mortgage payment for April, I decided to do some research into refinancing. There are definitely days when I will sell my house, home and soul for the right price, seriously and I suppose yesterday was one of those days! My current mortgage rate is 6.375% and I last refinanced in 2002, leaving 23 years 6 months on the 30 year fixed mortgage with a balance equivalent to 20 years 4 months. I decided I would look into a refinance to a 15 year fixed rate. I was more than ecstatic to here what my credit score was and that I could refinance at a fixed rate of 4.375%, only raising my monthly rate by a mere $30 per month after rolling in the points and closing costs. Done Deal!

JC and I met after work and ventured out to roller blade. Neither of us had been on blades in two years and with my clumsibility I had some reservation, especially right before leaving for vacation to San Francisco. Fortunately, we both fared well without incident and managed to blade about 9 miles! It was great getting outside and enjoying the 60 degree weather, the sun, exercise and each other. Does it get any better?

Then after a fabulous dinner and some quick shopping, we stopped back at my house for a few minutes. JC looked at my electric fireplace and disconnected a box from the back (which the cord plugged into) - related to the remote control access and the fireplace turned on immediately with heat! Fabulous!

Magnificent Monday...

No comments: