Monday, March 16, 2009

Luck of Three's

If bad luck (if it weren't for bad luck, I might have no luck at all) comes in threes, I surely hope I have all three.

I've been having some issues with my car lately. It seems a little rough in starting and then in automatically shifting gears, as if it is having issues in over drive. But trust me, I'm no mechanic. JC even asked if I had put in fluids. Fluids? What are those? Seriously, I do not believe that my car's issues are related to fluids or lack thereof.

On Friday as I was pulling into the office a light began to flash on the dash. I looked it up and it was the Malfunction Indicator Light. Go figure. I knew that! I could completely tell that my car was malfunctioning, why was what I didn't know! The shop couldn't get it in until Monday, so I drove with caution. Actually, the car did fine as long as I didn't try to drive over 50mph, at which point the indicator light began flashing consistently until the speed lowered.

Saturday night while jumping rope on T's new Wii Outdoor Challenge game, the t.v. screen began to vertically waver. We all thought maybe we were delusional or it was the game. Sunday, the t.v. picture decided to just shut off while the t.v. remained silent but on. In turning the t.v. off and then on, it would occasionally stay on for a few minutes, once even for a few hours before shutting off again.

Last night we went to the basement to watch t.v. rather than deal with the plagued t.v. upstairs. I went to turn on the electric fireplace to warm the basement to find that it didn't turn on. I checked the outlet, the extension cord, the direct cord - nothing. No heat, no color, no nothing. JC's comment online, "Did you turn it on?" Trust me, had he been there, I'm not sure what I would have said or done to him. Thank God for hiding behind a computer screen!

So I'm hoping that there is my power of three. Especially in a few days since I leave for San Francisco for a mini vacation! If those are the worst three things, I'll take it. While I would prefer not to have any of the issues, it could certainly be worse, much worse. Then again, I haven't heard from the shop what is exactly wrong with my car and what the financial damage would be! Then in just over two weeks, it's time for Spring Break.

Good thing I had a tax refund this year!

No comments: