Monday, May 18, 2009

Misc. Update

I've survived my cross country caravan adventure. I lived to blog about it, just not tonight. We made it back home as hoped, Sunday, although I spent the next 18 hours, with the exception of about 1.5 hours in bed. Not that I was that exhausted initially, but once we got in bed, motivation was minimal and in bed we stayed. Fortunately, I had already told my boss I would be using a sick day, so I called in to verify.

I'm finding that today I have a very short fuse. I think it's from spending four days with people that I didn't know that were less than pleasant. I think I've managed to become like them. Or maybe exhaustion has encompassed me, regardless of my incessant sleeping over the past 24 hours. Hard to tell. But I managed during my waking hour this morning to curse at the television at the parents who made excuses for their overweight children on the Tyra Banks Show. And, I would say that "curse" is probably a slight under-exaggeration.

I went to a meeting for my son's upcoming program this evening. I found everything irritating about the way that the meeting was set up, mainly due to my lack of time that I could attend the meeting and for the "Leaders" lack of leadership and organization. Needless to say, I arrived at the meeting 10 minutes early and by 21 minutes after the start time, the meeting had yet to begin and I had to leave. Fortunately JA promised to take great notes in my absence, assuming she managed to stay awake.

I've managed to not blog about baseball much this year. My son is still in the full swing of Little League. His team was tied for 4th place as of this evening and again, I blame poor coaching for several of their losses. Regardless, I'm trying to direct my "issues" of baseball elsewhere, rather than to my four infrequent readers! Tonight, they finished in a tie to the second place team. They should have won, as they led by two runs going into what should have been the last inning. Needless to say, poor coaching led to another inning and they ended up in a tie. Sigh...

On the job front, I was offered and accepted the new position which I interviewed. I've already received several messages from people in regards to the new position, which I have absolutely no idea how to answer. Additionally, I was gone for three and a half days and I will be in a non-related job training for the next three days. I love looking completely ineffective, so much for learning the position before having to field calls. I guess I should get used to it, and quick! JN my great friend that didn't get the job had an interview the following day elsewhere. She was offered and accepted a position the day after her interview. She is jumping ship and leaving our office. I can't help but feel selfish as to how her leaving will affect me and affect our relationship. I will truly miss her and can't imagine how, even with a new job, my work environment will be without her. Of course I wish her the best, but I wish that she would stay!

On the relationship front, JC and I are still dating. While I think this surprises my mom to the utmost, we survived our travels and are still more than friends. We joked about getting hitched in Vegas, of course I told him only on two conditions: It must be a drive-thru chapel with a singing Elvis to wed us. I'm guessing he figured that was unattainable since the conversation dropped after that, for one we didn't have transportation to get back to Vegas nor did we have the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to go back to reading your blog more often! Oh and I called and complained about the Tyra show, 'cause they had this 15 year old girl whose parent's were letting her have an affair with an older guy.