Sunday, July 31, 2011

Packing Preparation

In trying to prepare for my upcoming trip, I decided I wanted to purchase a few new outfits.  I had hoped to find some short dresses, a couple tops and a pair of shorts or two, which I was unsuccessful.  I did manage to buy four new long dresses, three pairs of Capri's, sleep shorts and a bathing suit.  Almost what I had hoped to buy, or not.  Shopping isn't one of my favorite things and of course when I am on a mission to find something I almost always, fail; however, I am completely OK with failing. 

If I were meant to find and buy new clothes, I truly believe I would have.  While I am sure it will take more time, I hope to actually search my drawers and determine what I wear, want to keep and want to donate.  I am again feeling the need to clean and declutter.  Maybe this time I will actually donate the items rather than continue to store them in the basement! 

In addition to packing and cleaning, I have to clean the house and get prepared for our foster guests.  All the bedding has been changed although we still have to assemble the car toddler bed tomorrow.  T needs to kid-friendly his room, which may take him a week or two!  Everything will come together.  It always does. 

No comments: