Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fishing

Thursday night, MS came down for T's first game of his final tournament.  After the brutal loss, we debated on where to eat.  Of course I had told MS that T would probably chose Red Robin, which in fact he did.  The dining experience was, as I told the manager, an epic fail.  The waiter was clearly out of his comfort zone and should find another job.  The food was ill prepared and the waiter repeatedly lied trying to cover up his own errors which infuriated me even more.  The manager paid for our meal and gave us $30 in gift certificates.  If it weren't for T's love of the Freckled Lemonade, I don't know that I would venture back again.

MS purchased a fishing boat this week.  We were on the lookout for a fishing boat and MS finally found one on Craigs List which he picked up on Wednesday.  MS had been telling T all summer that he can show T where to catch BIG fish.  So Thursday night, T decided he wanted to stay the night at MS' so that they could go fishing when MS got home from work.  Unfortunately I had to work all day Friday, so I couldn't stay the night or go fishing.  I have to admit, I might have been a little jealous as well as nervous that T was going out on a fishing boat that MS had yet to take out on the water.  Fortunately all went well.

And as for my jealousy of wishing I was staying the night, well I survived.  As for my jealousy of T having fun or catching fish without me, rest assured, T still loves his mom and didn't have that much fun.  While T had fun singing to MS and entertaining him, there is something to be said about the bond between a mother and child. 

Our bond. Love.

No comments: