Sunday, July 31, 2011

Officially Over

With one day left of July to spare, baseball season is officially OVER.  Let me tell you, I couldn't be happier!  I won't miss keeping the books.  I won't miss the mercied games in the sweltering heat.  I won't miss the last minute practices or the last minute scurrying for articles of baseball uniform and gear.  I won't miss that for an entire month left of summer, I have the opportunity to actually enjoy it. 

Having said all that though, it is bittersweet.  I will miss possibly T's last summer of recreational baseball.  A summer of youth, that quickly approached after endless years of tball, machine pitch, coach pitch and kid pitch.  Years that have been wonderful.  Memories created.  Memories remembered. 

Tonight T asked for my assistance in measuring himself.  5'8".  With another baseball season ending there is much joy in the memories of the past and optimism of welcoming the memories of the future.

No comments: