Monday, December 6, 2010

Lake Effect & Blowers Revisited

Sometimes, thinks seem to resurface as if time stands still.  When it seems like time flies in the blink of an eye, I confirm why I enjoy blogging...because I can go back and read things I wrote and it is as if it were today.  Somethings just don't change.

Living in West Michigan, I am blessed to live near the lake.  For those of you that don't know, that's means I have the benefit of "Lake Effect".  So in the summer, it is wonderful to be near Lake Michigan and yet in the winter, that means that the bi-polar Lake Effect is in full force and dumps some nasty snow in large quantities to punish those that enjoy the water. 

I am the not so proud owner of two identical snow blowers with two completely different functioning issues.  I continue to believe that my snow blowers are male, as posted here in 2008.  In 2009 I posted about karma and snow and my issues with my snow blowers/throwers.  This year I was able to get both up and running before the first snow fall.

Since yesterday, I have cleared the driveway FOUR TIMES.  FOUR. TIMES.  Granted, I had to switch blowers since the one decided that after one time, it needed to take a hiatus.  I still smell like gasoline after I clear the driveway.  The blower that decides to work doesn't shoot both directions and is temperamental and occasionally stalls. 

I'm considering purchasing a new snow blower in the hopes that it will maintenance and hassle free; however, my step-dad gave me both as gifts and I don't want to offend him by replacing the two I have.  I know that I am 36 years old, but sometimes convenience isn't worth the disappointment of a parent or the impending lecture that new isn't always better!

So for Christmas, I'm asking that "Lake Effect" share the love and snow with inland areas that have been less fortunate!  Don't tell me I'm not greedy or bah humbug.  Tis the season and I'm all about sharing! 

No comments: