Monday, December 6, 2010

Date Night 2010

T and I had our annual "Date Night" this past Friday.  Here was our date night in 2009. I picked up T from practice and we headed to grab dinner at a nearby restaurant.  Dinner was the best we have had at that restaurant, EVER. 

We then went to our painting location and met up with my girlfriend and her two kids so T could make my mom her Christmas gift.  I was seriously like a kid in a candy shop.  I was so excited by the latest trend of finger and thumbprint art and how I wanted to paint everything I saw, although completely hindered by a lack of artistic ability (as previously disclosed here.).  I couldn't decide so I went with my free mug and another toothbrush holder for the bathroom.  Of course I was running through every shower curtain I own (admitted obsession here) and wondered what theme and colors would work best.

I finally opted to paint thumbprint frogs, because I actually have frogs in my bathroom.  Although not so obnoxious that they aren't all that obvious.  I painted frogs of colors that would pull out colors in some of my shower curtains.  I have to admit that I don't think the project was an epic fail, but definitely not as cute as I wished it would be.  I'll find out the real truth, Friday.

T and I finished the night by returning back to the restaurant for dessert.  I had the most fabulous peanut butter pie.  So delish...the end to a fantastic date night!

No comments: