Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pictures & Dating

There have been very few times that I've actually enjoyed looking at the picture of someone I'm dating. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean that I find the person I'm dating to be ugly, I just don't have the need to stare at someone's picture. Granted, I have, but never really stared at someone's picture that I have never met.

Before I just met someone, he admitted that he stared at my picture for 30 minutes. That creeped me out! He was just amazed at how beautiful I am. Creeped me out, again.

There are two people, neither of course that I am dating, that I do like their pictures. Something about seeing them, seeing their smile, knowing who they are, makes me smile. I suppose, if I was creepy, I could find myself staring at their pictures for 30 minutes, but I don't. I met them, we went out and it didn't work. Is what it is. I'm not creepy, I'm not stalkerish, some people just take better pictures or maybe some, we just have a better connection.

The dating site seems to be more of a joke. I am getting burned out, very quickly, which is more than typical for me. I was called shallow twice yesterday. One by the creepy picture guy that when we met, he stood 5'9" (instead of his reported 5'11") and was about 300 lbs. (instead of his"average" larger strong frame he reported). So while we had shared good communication via email, looks do matter. There has to be chemistry and physical attraction. If that makes me shallow, so be it. I am shallow. Ironic thing though, I may be shallow, but he pursued me because of a picture, did he not?

Then there was another that messaged me. He is 6'5" and "thin" but states he is missing his four front teeth. I responded to his message and we chatted for a few minutes. He told me everyone is a liar online so I inquired about his teeth. A good smile is HUGE for me - it says so many things about a person. Even if a person has good teeth and they don't smile, I'm not interested in them either. I want someone that cares for himself and enjoys life and he easily smiles. I would never say, "You had me at hello." I would say, "You had me with your smile." It's true! So I inquired if he had a partial which I was corrected that it is called a "flipper" and that his had broken. I messaged him that a smile is important to me. He said, "wow. I hope you find a guy with a great smile that will cheat on you with your best friend or sister." Ok then. Glad that his first message to me was, "Hey cutie, you are cute." So I'm suppose to think that a man without four front teeth is cute?

Apparently YES, I AM THAT SHALLOW.

No comments: