Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Disclosure vs. Discussion

I have a very close associate with whom I speak with often about professional consultations and assistance as well as sometimes we divulge in our personal lives. We share about our children, vacations...our lives outside of work.

Maybe sometimes I've disclosed a few many things that went beyond a casual discussion. One of his favorite stories is about my drunkenness of the all-inclusive trip to Mexico, he confirmed that he never gets tired of that story! Somehow we got on the discussion of my dating, or lack thereof. He mentioned that he thought I was dating someone, "the biker right?"

"The biker?"

I said, "Oh no, I'm not dating the biker anymore."

He said, "The one where you drank water and lemonade on your date."

Me, "Oh, that's the different biker. There were two bikers..." Ok, yeah, too much disclosure that he would remember both AND the difference!

Sigh...maybe I should not discuss or disclose my dating or lack thereof dating experiences for others enjoyment, because clearly, they seem to find much more entertainment in the stories than I do in the dating!

No comments: