Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dating....

So if you know that you aren't interested in someone, should you hang out with them? That while they may not have obvious red flags, but clearly not someone you want to date...should you go hang out with them because you are both interested in getting out or having a good time?

Tomorrow night I am grabbing drinks with a friend of a friend. I've met him once. Not that I'm arrogant or conceited by any means, but I'm way out of his league. Or he's nowhere on my radar. For one, he dated a girl that I really do not like. I so don't like the drama and won't date someone that someone I know dated (or for you regular readers...JL). He's too short. I'm completely not attracted to him. He LOVES cats. Did I mention HE LOVES CATS? And he really lacks in wit and sarcasm.

So if you know anything about me, that's a train wreck waiting to happen. Oh wait, that was the night I met him! When I made him cough and gag and practically spew his beer multiple times at my comments. Or the fact that he had to remove himself from the table to regain his composure. And the next day, he befriended me on Facebook and asked me out. Glutton for punishment. Glutton.

So what am I to do? Drinks clearly are harmless. I'm all about embracing peoples differences and meeting new people, just as long as they understand the difference between a friendship and dating.

My New Years Resolution is to have fun. To get out and enjoy. To avoid drama. I want to surround myself with healthy and positive people. I also want to avoid breaking any hearts and increasing any drama by having people I'm not interested in, be interested in me. So what is a girl to do????

No comments: