Saturday, October 11, 2008

Never Enough

Do you ever feel like sometimes what you do, accomplish or who you are is just never enough? Enough for yourself, enough for someone else?

Whether at work, at home or in our personal relationships, it seems like there are always people that never seem to be satisfied with what is, who we are or what we do.

In many ways I would say that I am my toughest critic. I expect a lot of myself and can easily become frustrated or disappointed when I fall short of reaching my potential or what I had planned to do. Most often my to do list isn't realistic or I manage to do a bunch of other things not on my list.

It feels that no matter what, I always have people in my life that I find are very condescending to me and my efforts. That I'm always falling short. Whether this is some preconceived belief of my own or something that I have learned from childhood, I can't really say.

Maybe it's the inherit need to please. To be accepted. To be valued. To be worthy. To be praised. To be loved.

But what it ultimately boils down to...I am only one person. Accept me for who I am and what I'm capable of doing and achieving or don't accept me at all.

And think twice before asking someone, "Is that all...?"

No comments: