Sunday, October 12, 2008

Early Birthday Present

My birthday is in November. I'm really not that into birthdays and holidays (despite that you may think it's all about ME!).

Every year my mom tries really hard to get me a really applicable and/or cool birthday present - and I might say that she always suceeds! As my mom is currently in town, we have been spending the weekend together hanging out, shopping and physically exerting ourselves.

This year, I'm super excited to be the proud new birthday recipient of....

A RECIPROCATING SAW!!!!

It's true, another gift that I can use. I've already used the gift. It has given me hours of pleasure of cutting up the back fence into pieces. While a chain saw may have been quicker, it wouldn't have been as much fun and physical exerting!

Initially installing the "easy tool-less" blade was slightly tricky, but four tries later we figured it out! I did manage to slightly reshape (err bend) the blade, but it seemed to cut even better!

The fence is all piled into small manageable pieces for either fire wood or for disposal. With all the cutting and the hammering of nails for safety, I've managed to mangle my right hand with three open blisters and a fourth where the skin remained in tact.


Probably didn't help the hand much that I then joined my mom and son in a three hour craft project including using the hands and beads!

No comments: