Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fisher Price Fall

The last few days have been physically gruelling, to say the least. Most due to many hours of labor intensive work around my house and the couple exercise classes thrown in for punishment.

But, me in my glorious issues fashion managed to do something stupid (yes, it really does happen!). I learned the hard way that my favorite (and only) Fisher Price plastic picnic table is not sturdy enough to withstand my weight on an uneven surface (house grate) while painting!

Yes, it's true.

The ladder just seemed too far away, so the picnic table seemed like a prime option to reach a few extra feet on the house columns for painting. It worked well for four columns on the back of the house! Then, moving around to the driveway side, (of course knowing that I shouldn't be standing on it!) I stood on it to reach up.

BAD IDEA!

In an instant, the table folded and buckled, plummeting (work with me here!) sliding partially through the large side of the grate gap thrusting me forward against the concrete house! Left hand full of off-white paint flew flat against the green wall while the right hand with brush in tow buckled and braced against the newly painted off-white column. And in the midst of it all, I managed to hit my left calf into something, likely the side of the concrete column leaving a large welt.

I should have known better!

Fortunately, the table wasn't broken, it had just come apart. The house paint was touched up. And I'm still nursing my physical wounds and pride. Fortunately, no one was around to see it - so what do I do? I share my stupidity with you!

No comments: