Sunday, March 27, 2011

Car & Vacation

As if right on cue, my car decided it is going to have some issues.  Totally OK with it, because I suppose we all need some fine tuning every so often and afterall my car will be 10 years old this year!

T and I finalized our vacation plans.  We had been kicking around some ideas after we saw the last minute availability of inventory of my timeshare.  But with a last minute change of plans, MS and his son will not be going with us.  I am still struggling somewhat with the decision to not have them go, but I know that it is for the best. 

MS's son not only broke his collar bone a few weeks back after getting slammed into a locker by "a friend" and is in a sling, but he was suspended from school for five days for bringing a pocket knife to school.  MS and I definitely have different parenting skills.  When I first met him, after our second date I decided we shouldn't go out again as MS has his son full time.  No other parent involvement.  Zero. Zilch. Nada.  I just don't do full time parenting, especially of someone elses child.  So after the latest incident and not seeing MS very often, 10 days of road tripping and a vacation didn't seem like a good idea.

So T and I will be heading about 11.5 hours south, hopefully warmer.  Somewhere we went four years ago that for the first time in a decade they saw snowflakes during April.  Hopefully we won't have that experience this time!

With MS not going on vacation, that means that I am driving my car.  I considered a rental, but knew regardless the latest thunking noise needed to be assessed.  Good thing I took it in.  Another tie rod replacement and both arm bushings.  Could have been MUCH worse. 

So looking forward to a repaired car and another vacation adventure with just T and me!

No comments: