Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Unjust & Unfair

Why does it seem like when it rains, it pours? I walked in the house tonight after a very long day and grabbed the mail on my way in the house. Quickly, I had a pit in my stomach as I recognized an envelope from Friend of the Court.

In opening the envelope I realized that in fact the FOC worker did receive my recent fax acknowledging that the income withholding was incorrect. I've complained about it in the past, but last May, FOC found a huge error not in my favor and therefore there was a large overage that I owed back to my son's father. FOC style, they cut my monthly payments in half until the overage was paid. IN HALF!

One night not so long ago, I finally managed to get through the automated system and learned that there was no longer a credit to the account. In fact, he owed more than two months of child support. I faxed a letter to the worker to address the issue.

Apparently, the fax was received and I received a copy of the new income withholding order. Are you ready?

In order for him to catch up on the past due, he is ordered to pay an arrearage fee. A fee that is less than 1/3...LESS THAN ONE THIRD of the amount that was withheld from me, when FOC made their latest error.

Please help me to understand how that is even remotely fair OR just.

No comments: