Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Painting Complete



I managed to finish painting the living/dining room wall. I set out to get it painted by Sunday night and I was successful. Granted, part of that painting didn't include ripping out the shoe molding around all the baseboards either! I haven't yet, but I do intend on buying new molding, painting it and then putting it on! All in due time. Actually, for the most part, it doesn't look too bad without it.


The painting was a more than I bargained. I think my ambitions are somewhat thwarted for jumping into the hallway and the seven doorways and six doors for now! The windows do look great though and the fresh coat of paint looks amazing. The room just looks clean. I moved around some of the furniture, pictures and attempted a new look with the drapes. It was merely by accident, how I ended up tying the drapes, so I went with it and I'm going to leave it for a while. Sometimes there is nothing better than embracing change! Although in the midst of the cleaning and moving I wanted to call someone to refinish my hardwood floors and then purchase new furniture and then...well anyway - at least at that moment I didn't jump online to look at recent foreclosure listings!

No comments: