Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Relationships Revisited

Now that I finally have blogged about the trip, I feel like I can move on! I have seen his mom, dad and grandma several times since we got home. I haven't seen D or the brother-in-law. If it weren't for the fact that his father was hospitalized this past Saturday, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have seen them yet. JC and I have visited the hospital twice since he was admitted with pneumonia in his lung.

His grandma was actually more than pleasant with me at the hospital. She hugged me and kissed my cheek, thanking us for coming when we left. So clearly, regardless of any animosity during the trip, there weren't any words shed between grandma and I. It was just that raw, intense, gut jerking feeling that you get when under stress and time frames and someone seems to affect the ability to make progress. Now D, that relationship or lack thereof is another story. I wonder what it will be like the next time I see her.

JC's friends commended me for hanging in with the family for the entire trip. JC did advise me before the trip not to hold his family against him and affect our relationship. He had actually pleaded that with me! Apparently none of his friends like his sister, so I suppose I shouldn't take anything too personal, which I don't. I'm hoping it was a once in a lifetime experience, and leave it at that!

No comments: