Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tulip Time

Holland Michigan offers Tulip Time every May. This year, Tulip Time will be May 2 - May 9, 2009. Living in West Michigan allows for the opportunity to participate (or not) in the festivities which includes parades, street scrubbing, klompen dancers, dutch meals, shopping, tours, tulips, tulips and tulips. If the weather cooperates, Tulip Time can actually be a rather exciting time of year for visitors as well as residents.

LL and her baby were planning on coming in for a visit this upcoming weekend. We planned it a while ago. I haven't seen her daughter since early winter and she's growing like a weed! Unfortunately due to car issues LL called yesterday to cancel. My mom and her friend had wanted to come visit and check out Tulip Time, but with LL being in town and then being at my mom's for Mother's Day weekend, there wasn't an opportunity.

Considering being selfish and not hosting company, I debated whether or not to inform my mom of the change of plans. Of course, I called her immediately and left a message. Within minutes, my mom had called back to say that of course her friend was ecstatic with the change of plans and they would be up Friday afternoon! So instead of power cleaning for a crawling baby, I'll be cleaning to impress my mom's friend - otherwise, about the same difference!

Regardless, it's nice to have company and actually have guests be interested and willing in staying at my house.

2 comments:

Floral Still Life said...

Well, despite everything - enjoy your tulip day! I can't imagine what you'll be seeing. Please share some of your photos!

Ms. Independent said...

Thanks for the comment - there are pictures from last year's Tulip Time 5/8/08 under "festivals" :)