Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baseball Update

Little League is clearly underway. Opening day was last Saturday and due to poor coaching (my son's other parent) the game ended in a tie. I'm beginning to think that I need to take control and coach third base and give him the score books!

Last night was the second game which began in a light continuous rain. I took shelter to keep the score book dry and was joined by JA as her son was on the opposing team. We muddled, err mastered the score board as well, until she left and then I had to do the book, pitch count, score board and hold a conversation or two. Obviously I wasn't at peak performance at that point! Our team lost, but if we had to lose, at least it was to JA's son's team. Although I'm pretty sure that we have quite a few more L's in the future!

Sunday we met TS at an indoor batting cage, after a late night of bowling where she managed to bowl a 65 and her average is about a 150! We were at the cages for well over 1.5 hours and T was able to use his new bat he purchased Friday night. We even snuck into the training tunnels and I pitched TS slow pitch softballs and T tennis balls. We finished just in time as staff came to clean up the tunnels and lock the room. We later learned that to rent a tunnel was $35 for a half hour. TS and I didn't feel bad at all since T and I looked for staff on four occasions to assist with the batting cages, to no avail. Unfortunately after T batted upwards to 350 swings with his new bat, he wasn't able to get a hit in his two attempts, although to his credit his first at bat was four straight balls. There's always next time...

No comments: