Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Freudian or Typing Error?

I was just surfing through the latest news and headlines online. I came across a brief article about the number of people reporting partial to full paralysis in the United States. Many suffer from paralysis as a result of a stroke. As strokes run in my family, I was intrigued to read more.

However, I was slightly amused and slightly appalled to read the following:

"Thirty-sex percent of those who reported being paralyzed said they had 'a lot of difficulty' in moving, while 16 percent said they were completely unable to move," the researchers wrote.

With cutbacks in the United States, apparently editors and the ability for people to proof read are becoming obsolete. Or in fact, was the author's mind really somewhere else when considering the ramifications of being paralyzed.

Makes one wonder...

No comments: