Monday, June 27, 2011

Wonderful Weekend Recap

I had the most wonderful weekend.  Some days I really struggle with what MS and I are doing in our relationship.  I enjoy his company and love him, but I struggle with whether we should be dating.  Our parenting differences are always going to be present.  I suppose I sweep them under the rug as it doesn't impact us enjoying each other, most of the time.

With the respite and dog sitting, I haven't been to MS' house in several weeks.  The plan was for me to head to his place on Friday night where we would go to a nice dinner at a restaurant he has wanted to take me to since November.  We still haven't gone.  T started his baseball tournament and it wasn't until Friday at 4:30p.m. that we learned he would be playing at 9:00a.m. at home Saturday morning.  So it didn't make sense to head an hour north for the night to be back bright and early.  MS' son was staying the night at a friend's house so MS offered to come down instead!

We met up with JA and her husband (and kids) for dinner on a whim!  We then went back to their house and played a few games and hung out!  It was great to be able to see JA, I really miss seeing her!  We had a blast and it was a much better impromptu than a fancy dinner with just MS.

Saturday morning we went to the game.  In a great finish, T's team WON!  Was an awesome game.  MS and I decided to head downtown to a little cafe but found a new restaurant en route that was open.  We were the only customers in the place that had been open since March.  A coffee, cafe that offers family game nights, live bands and promotes local food sources.  The food was good, but overpriced for the amount and quality and MS and I agreed we probably wouldn't go back.

Then it was onto a day of accomplishment.  We rented a truck from Menards and purchased a new full size bed for my guest bedroom.  We were able to move the couch out of the guest bedroom to the basement after removing two doors, stair rail and smashing with all our might to get it past the basement trim!  We made several trips to home depot to finish the front landscaping bricks including top soil and grass seed!  I finally purchased a cheap patio set too!  We assembled the guest bedroom and finished the yard.  I was so absolutely relieved to tackle such big and overwhelming projects.  MS even helped me hang four pieces of art too (since I have angst with adding holes in the wall!). 

We managed to finish everything by about 6:45p.m.  He headed home and I showered and packed for the rest of the weekend at his place.  I grabbed pizza for dinner on the way to his house and crashed with an allergy attack during the movie Cropsy. 

Sunday we woke up around 8a.m. and had breakfast and best 2 out of 3 of Skipbo.  MS was just glad that he won a game!  Then we went for a 15 mile rollerblade adventure, which we both survived with only a blister!  Then we headed home to shower and change for the U2 concert at Michigan Stadium.

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.  Good friends.  Great accomplishments.  Great Entertainment.  As I lay in bed next to MS this morning I was happy.  I am blessed.  I am not looking for perfection, but with each day, it appears that I find myself understanding, accepting and loving him more.  One day at a time.  And today, when he confirmed that he has made arrangements for us to plan a vacation in August, I believe it may actually happen and I am looking forward.

No comments: