Monday, June 27, 2011

Bubba Recap

We officially survived Bubba's stay.  I have to admit that with less then two days left, I was ready to do bodily harm to him.  When my previous post had been almost positive.  I started to question whether or not I was a good person and how would I ever be able to be a foster parent.  Granted I didn't harm Bubba.  I didn't want to see him.  I sent him to his cage.  I raised my voice.  How was I so intolerant and unaccepting?  Was I to blame?

Here's what happened...Bubba had been out twice since 1:00a.m. with the most recent being 8a.m.  My allergies kicked in hard and I took an allergy pill and went back to sleep.  I woke to hear Bubba crunching.  I listened intently and realized that it wasn't the sound of him eating his dog food.  I got out of bed at 9:30a.m. and this is what I saw:





Bubba had helped himself to my blockbuster movies and mail pile that were stacked on the coffee table.  Did you notice the movie title?  The Dilemma.  How convenient.  And the other DVD was missing: The Mechanic.  I found The Mechanic under the rug in one piece but scratched up.  I had to purchase both movies from Blockbuster at $21.19 each.  I suppose it could have been worse.  I did eventually get over my anger and never did take it out on Bubba.  I guess I just had too high of expectations for a 14 month old puppy - especially since it wasn't anything that I had left on the floor for him.

I have to admit for a quick minute I missed him staring at me every morning watching me get ready in the bathroom.  Most of the time he was actually in the bathroom but sometimes I could feel a little less creeped out by him in the hallway.


We had a great reunion giving Bubba back to my mom.  We enjoyed him trying on our sunglasses and trying to get pictures.  We are looking forward to seeing him again, at his house!


No comments: