Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Basketball: The Winter of Baseball Equivalent

T has decided he loves basketball.  The school season ended and a recreation tournament league was available and he was invited to join.  The tournament is nine Saturdays.  Practices are twice a week - Tuesdays and Fridays.

The tournaments are 35 minutes north in good weather.  The tournament times will be divulged the Tuesday before the Saturday.  The cost: $90 to play.  Tonight we learn that the games this Saturday are at 4:30 and 5:30p.m. 

Sigh. Basketball will last until baseball practices begin.  Games can be as late as 7:30p.m. and they will only play two games, which should be back to back.  Nine weeks of few plans on the weekends due to scheduling uncertainty. 

I'm already feeling the drain.  I'm feeling the frustration of baseball season.  I've already told T that weekends he isn't with me, I likely won't be attending.  I am finally reaching a point where I'm trying not to feel guilty for saying NO.  Then I am far from Super Mom.  I'm not perfect and if I'm going to maintain sanity, I will not be strapped to basketball games rather than enjoying MY weekends. 

Having said that, I pick up T today and he says his dad may be busy with his other son and can I take him to the games Saturday?  Hold firm.  Hold firm.  And of course I say, well let me know.  Because ultimately T comes first.  Fortunately for me, due to the late games his dad can take him! 

No comments: